The Regional Director manages all aspects of the assigned territory (the region), by leading and developing a group of Commercial Business Managers, leveraging their collective strengths to simultaneously deliver short-term results and build long-term brand value. Key pillars of the position include: Distributor Management, Broker Management, Brand Building, Brand Education, Pricing Management, P&L Management, Supply Chain & Compliance, with a particular emphasis on Coaching & Mentoring a professional team of commercial business managers. Success in the position will deliver (or over-deliver) against defined annual P&L goals, Execution KPIs and continued exceptional growth of the Edrington brands including The Macallan, Highland Park, The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark, Brugal Rum, and Snow Leopard Vodka. The Regional Manager will also play a key role on the Division Leadership Team.
- Aid in setting and lead the implementation of the strategic direction for the Business Unit across all channels and segments.
- Clearly communicate the Strategic Direction and Edrington priorities to Distributor Leadership and Sales Teams. Instil belief and create buy-in from distributor management.
- Work effectively to align brand and field marketing with commercial teams behind a shared vision, designed to deliver against the Strategic Imperatives of the organization.
- Ensure optimal allocation of Edrington and Distributor resources (including LMF) against portfolio brand standards within the region.
- Drive a leading global luxury brand to deliver yearly profit growth and simultaneously grow brand equity
- Accelerate the growth of a highly acclaimed and lesser known brand
- Cultivate new opportunities for a strong core business
- Support the continued evolution of the Edrington Americas business to develop gold-standard organizational capabilities
- Lead the Division to become a recognized leader in the beverage industry by key stakeholders
- Distributor and Broker Management: Build exceptional business relationships, drive brand focus, manage performance & delivery, and provide leading customer service
- Brand Building: Challenge the status-quo and put the consumer at the heart of the conversation, oversee the planning and execution of the local marketing plans, support all nationally lead activities at the local level, act as an unwavering brand guardian
- Brand Education: Ensure delivery of the highest quality brand education experiences to all Trade and consumer audiences
- Pricing Management: Oversee the implementation and execution of the local pricing strategy, negotiate selling costs and margins, maintain an active awareness of competitive activity
- P&L Management: Drive depletions profitability, grow brand value, manage A&P, additional local marketing investments, selling costs, and overheads to deliver the annual profit plan
- Supply Chain & Compliance: Drive the allocation strategy, support exceptional customer service, and ensure industry leading legal compliance across the region
- Coaching & Mentoring: Provide formal and informal feedback to each member of the regional team, support further understanding and capabilities development across the wider Edrington Americas business, set an example for our people. Oversee roll-out and embedding of all Edrington Sales Academy initiatives to regional team
The Regional Manager can in some instances act as State Lead for the territory.
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required