The Regional Director for Edrington Americas (EA) Latam & Caribbean plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of the America’s business. As the leader of the fastest growing region within the Americas, this individual will define the strategy and brand building initiatives that will help our organization capitalize on all the business potential that the dynamic Latin American and Caribbean region brings.
Edrington has a very strong foothold in the USA, the largest spirits market in the world, this is a mature market with continuous growth but almost at its point of inflection. The market in Latin America continues to grow at a very fast rate, with consumers looking for super and ultra-premium global brands. We have the vision to become regional leaders in the categories and markets in which we have presence. This Director will lead the team that will help us achieve our vision.
Latin America has become a major region in the luxury market, with markets like Brazil, Panama and Colombia experiencing tremendous growth. Current market dynamics and emerging middle class represents the perfect arena for EA portfolio of super premium brands to shine and recruit new consumers. In his/her role, the Regional Director will be the key contact with our distributors in the region, building long term business strategies, yearly marketing plans and monthly commercial targets. We must connect a new generation of luxury consumers and retailers with our brands, bringing our brand world to life on and off premise with the highest standards of execution and relentless consistency and commitment to efficiency and efficacy.
The Regional Director manages all aspects of Latin America & Caribbean by leading and developing a group of Commercial Business Managers, leveraging their collective strengths to simultaneously deliver short-term results and build long term strategic vision to accelerate growth capitalizing on the potential throughout South America, Central America & Caribbean.
Key pillars of the position include: Distributor Management, Broker Management, Brand Building, Brand Education, Pricing Management, P&L Management, Supply Chain & Compliance, with a particular emphasis on Coaching & Mentoring a professional team of commercial business managers. Success in the position will deliver (or over-deliver) against defined annual P&L goals, Execution KPIs and continued exceptional growth of the Edrington brands including The Macallan, Highland Park, Glenrothes, The Famous Grouse, Brugal Rum, Naked, Wyoming Whiskey, Noble Oak, Partida and Snow Leopard Vodka.
- Develop new route to market strategy for the region through innovative ideas to improve the way our brands reach our consumers.
- Challenge status quo by improving existing contracts, reviewing alternative distribution methods, identifying new markets or ways of doing business in the region that differs from way we have been operating historically.
- Aid in setting and leading the implementation of the strategic direction for the Business Unit across all channels and segments.
- Work effectively to align brand and field marketing with commercial teams behind a shared vision, designed to deliver against the Strategic Imperatives of the organization.
- Ensure optimal allocation of Edrington and Distributor resources against portfolio brand standards within the region.
- Drive a leading global luxury brand to deliver yearly profit growth and simultaneously grow brand equity
- Accelerate the growth of a highly acclaimed and lesser known brands
- Cultivate new opportunities for a strong core business
- Support the continued evolution of the Edrington Americas business to develop gold-standard organizational capabilities
- Lead the Division to become a recognized leader in the beverage industry by key stakeholders
- Distributor and Broker Management: Build exceptional business relationships, drive brand focus, manage performance & delivery, and provide leading customer service
- Brand Building: Challenge the status-quo and put the consumer at the heart of the conversation, oversee the planning and execution of the local marketing plans, support all nationally lead activities at the local level, act as an unwavering brand guardian
- Brand Education: Ensure delivery of the highest quality brand education experiences to all Trade and consumer audiences
- Pricing Management: Oversee the implementation and execution of the local pricing strategy, negotiate selling costs and margins, maintain an active awareness of competitive activity
- P&L Management: Drive depletions profitability, grow brand value, manage A&P, additional local marketing investments, selling costs, and overheads to deliver the annual profit plan
- Supply Chain & Compliance: Drive the allocation strategy, support exceptional customer service, and ensure industry leading legal compliance across the region
- Coaching & Mentoring: Provide formal and informal feedback to each member of the regional team, support further understanding and capabilities development across the wider Edrington Americas business, set an example for our people. Oversee roll-out and embedding of all Edrington Sales Academy initiatives to regional team
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- 5 to 10 years of commercial and marketing management experience required, Beverage Alcohol Industry experience is essential
- Experience of Distributor management is essential
- 3 + years of experience in a leadership role required
- Sale force management is strongly desired
- Marketing experience is a strongly desired
- On/Off premise experience a plus
- Latin America & Caribbean experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze complex business issues and make decisions that drive the company’s success
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a positive attitude when facing opportunities and challenges
- Ability to work independently and remain focused in a dynamic working environment
- An in-depth understanding of business context and proactively brings forward innovation ideas…makes innovation happen
- Spanish is a plus
- A proven track record in a change oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- An ability to provide leading customer service delivery is required
- Detailed understanding of marketing strategy and mix
- Strong understanding of organizational vision
- Experience Managing a Sales and Operations Planning process
- An ability to coach and mentor a diverse Sales and Marketing team.
- Deep understanding of distributor pricing
- Proficiency with MS Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Interpersonal and Presentation Skills are a must
- Strong Organizational awareness and the ability to manage complexity
- Strong Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to manage a broad network of internal and external partners and relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization
- Recognize team performance and coaches others
- Travel requirement up to 40% as needed to perform job function
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the US
- At least 21 years of age
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid premium medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- 100% employer paid premium long and short term disability
- 100% employer paid premium life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Additional life insurance options
- Flex time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 25 PTO Days
- Summer Fridays Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous employee referral program
- Discounts platform access
- Paid parental leave
- Pretax parking/commuter benefit
Edrington provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.