The Market Manager manages all aspects of the assigned channel(s) within the territory, working closely with their EA counterparts and Distributor teams, to deliver short-term results and build long-term brand value. Key pillars of the position include: Distributor Management, Brand Building, Pricing Management, P&L Management (as needed), Supply Chain & Compliance and Coaching & Mentoring. Success in the position will deliver (or over-deliver) against defined annual goals and continued exceptional growth of the Edrington brands including The Macallan, Highland Park, The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark, Brugal Rum, Wyoming Whiskey, Noble Oak Bourbon, Partida Tequila, and Snow Leopard Vodka. The Market Manager will also play a key role, (acting as State Lead in some instances) supporting the Area/Region Manager and working in close collaboration with the distributor partner to shape the business in their territory.
Understand the strategic direction for the assigned territory across relevant channels and segments with emphasis on Macallan activation to support and brand development.
Assist in communicating the Strategic Direction and Edrington priorities to Distributor Sales Teams at the local level. Instil belief and create buy-in throughout distributor teams.
Work effectively with Division Marketing team and Operations to deliver against the Strategic Imperatives of the organization, delivering exceptional in market results.
Understand how to optimize allocation of Edrington and Distributor resources (including LMF if applicable) against portfolio brand standards within the assigned territory.
Drive a leading global luxury brand to deliver yearly profit growth and simultaneously grow brand equity.
Accelerate the growth of a highly acclaimed and lesser known brands and innovation.
Cultivate new opportunities for a strong core business.
Support the continued evolution of the Edrington Americas business to develop gold-standard organizational capabilities.
Assist in building EA’s reputation as a recognized leader in the beverage industry by key stakeholders through clear communication, consistent engagement, and professional conduct.
Distributor Management: Build exceptional business relationships, drive brand focus, manage performance & delivery, and provide leading customer service.
Brand Building: Put the consumer at the heart of the conversation, ensure local marketing plans are exceptionally executed, support all nationally lead activities at the local level, and act as an unwavering brand guardian to support brand health.
Consumer/Activation: Develop, institute, execute and participate in brand events that align with brand strategy.
Pricing Management: Understand the local pricing strategy and maintain an active awareness of competitive activity. Communicate pricing through local division office for approval.
P&L Management: Deliver against depletion targets, grow brand value to deliver the annual profit plan within the territory.
Supply Chain & Compliance: Deliver against the allocation strategy, supporting exceptional customer service, and ensure legal compliance across the assigned territory.
Coaching & Mentoring: Provide informal feedback to team members, set an example for our people and deploy Edrington Leadership Standards on a daily basis.
Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly recaps, budget & T& E management, and daily e-mail responses
Inventory and point-of-sale (POS) management
The Market Manager can in some instances act as State Lead for the territory
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- 3+ years’ experience in a fast growing FMCG environment, Beverage Alcohol Industry experience is highly desirable
- Retail and Casino experience is highly desirable
- Ability to achieve results through influencing others
- Sales and Marketing experience is a plus
- An understanding of On/Off premise is an advantage
- Experience working in a change oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of the 3 tier system is an advantage
- An ability to provide leading customer service delivery is required
- Basic understanding of marketing strategy and mix
- Basic understanding of organizational vision
- Understanding of distributor pricing is an advantage
- Proficiency with MS Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Interpersonal and Presentation Skills are desired
- Knowledge of syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Diver, etc.) is an advantage
- Basic organizational awareness and the potential to manage complexity
- Demonstrates self-awareness, self-management, and social-awareness and professional behaviour.
- Ability to manage a broad network of internal and external partners and relationships.
- Ability to analyse business issues and suggest solutions that drive the company’s success.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a positive attitude when facing opportunities and challenges.
- Ability to work independently and remain focused in a dynamic working environment.
- An understanding of business context and proactively brings forward innovation ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization.
- Recognize team performance and coaches others to improve.
- Overnight travel required as needed to conduct job function
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the US
- In this position you should be able to demonstrate the leadership standards (Inspire, Change, Collaborate, Engage and Deliver) within your role on a day-to-day basis
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid premium medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- 100% employer paid premium long and short term disability
- 100% employer paid premium life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Additional life insurance options
- Flex time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 25 PTO Days
- Summer Fridays Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous employee referral program
- Discounts platform access
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax parking/commuter benefit
Edrington provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.