The purpose of this role is to discover business opportunities for Edrington through analyzing quantitative and qualitative data sets and studies pertaining to the industry, Edrington’s brands, & our consumer. This role will serve as the key intermediary between Edrington’s market research and internal customers demonstrating the ability to synthesize complex data sets into actionable insights.
- Partner with both local brand team and global insights teams to facilitate marketing research projects; Global research projects include brand health trackers, trade trackers, occasion studies, media spend analysis, and touch point studies.
- Design, manage, & execute local research projects and deliver back the results in a clear and strategic manner; formats can range from organizing focus groups to leveraging our digital consumer panels
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence/Development teams to identify emerging categories, brands, and consumer trends; synthesize these trends into a deck to be presented for brand strategy and leadership meetings
- Consolidate various data sets across the business into a singular depository; create models that analyse this database to identify key opportunities for our business as well as measure the effectiveness of our marketing spend
- Utilize social listening tools to identify opportune consumer/community; partner with brand teams in ideating brands/strategies that can activate these groups
- Partner with commercial and marketing teams to develop “Smart Distribution” – an initiative aimed at utilizing data/research to select our distribution and marketing investment
- Manage Edrington Americas annual research budget
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Undergraduate degree or above with major in a STEM, Business or Marketing related field
- Previous liquor marketing research agency experience is preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of data, modelling and research
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Knowledge of data processing languages will be beneficial but is not required.
- This individual should be well-organized, detail-minded who can multi-task with ease.
- A pro-active and result-driven approach would be advantageous.
- Excellent proficiency of the English language, both verbal and written, is essential for this position.
- Eligible to work in the US
- Must be at least 21 years of age