Edrington Americas is seeking an entrepreneurial Employee Relations and Development Manager to join our team at our NYC office and work closely with the HR Director and our Global HR Team headquartered in Scotland. The Manager will be accountable for working with employees across the organization, on a broad range of human resources responsibilities, including but not limited to: Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and Compliance as well as Training and Organization Development. The Manager will have to build close relationships within the organization, lead with empathy and compassion, provide guidelines and support to Line Managers and show creativity when needed to drive the right solutions.
The Manager will contribute to Edrington Americas Employee Relations and Development Strategy throughout the US, ensuring alignment and cohesion across the US organization and locations as well as globally. The Employee relations and development Manager will oversee a HR Coordinator who will assist with the related administrative tasks.
- Design hiring strategies and develop ways to improve efficiency in the hiring process.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Director to confirm hiring needs and requirements
- Supervise the job creations and terminations within our internal management system
- Drive and direct all recruitment efforts and processes from sourcing, interviewing to on-boarding.
- Recommend ways to improve our employer brand
- Coach managers through recruitment strategies and best practices
- Participate in meetings with hiring managers to determine vacant positions and the preferred attributes for potential hires
- Oversee new hire orientation and induction process . collaboration with the Reward Advisor on on-boarding process
- Ensure recruitment related compliance
- Manage Database and Recruitment budget
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & PERFORMANCE
- Maintain open communications with all departments to encourage good employee relations/resolve personnel conflicts.
- Act as the point of contact for specific employee relations matters across the organization
- Provide guidance on effective performance management strategies and corrective action and supervise resolution
- Support internal investigations, manage termination and conduct exit interviews
- Manage Performance and Development Review process
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
- Organize, develop, supervise and administer the training function to support the Human Resources department goals and objectives.
- Evaluate Individual and Company wide training needs and plan according
- Monitor, evaluate and review the quality and effectiveness of training programs
- Participate in Global Organizational Development related projects and drive local strategy and approach (i.e. Wellness, Diversity, LS, Values etc.)
- Manage Global Talent Programs for the US (LEAD/ETP)
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- Ensure EA diversity agenda is successfully implemented and in line with businesses objectives. Drive processes locally.
COMPLIANCE & POLICIES
- Develop, implement and manage US Company wide policies, practices and standards.
- Ensure company compliance in all States and office locations. Stay up to date on States requirements and take a proactive approach in recommending the application of new regulations as they pertain to federal and state requirements.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed and that employees are treated fairly and consistently within company policies.
- Responsible for understanding and executing compliance of all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook, Ensures HR records are maintained to support HR audit & compliance.
- Supports with immigration processes when needed
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- 5 to 7 years of Human Resources Generalist with prior experience in recruitment, compliance and OD/training
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in HR preferred
- Prior Managerial experience
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Experience with high-level collaboration and teamwork
- Strong knowledge in Employment Laws, Labor legislation and Regulations (National wide), Immigration (visas)
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems
- Previous experience working with legal counsel to comply with HR policies and procedures as well as federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Equipped with great judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications
- Solid understanding of and ability to be impartial, exhibit extreme fairness and assess each situation through this lens
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop solutions
- Excellent communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Top tier problem solving, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Experience working for a global company a plus
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Eligible to work in the US
- In this position you should be able to demonstrate the leadership standards (Inspire, Change, Collaborate, Engage and Deliver) within your role on a day-to-day basis
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid premium medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- 100% employer paid premium long and short term disability
- 100% employer paid premium life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Additional life insurance options
- Flex time
- Paid Holidays
- 25 PTO Days
- Summer Fridays Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous employee referral program
- Discounts platform access
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Pretax parking/commuter benefit
- Wellbeing program
Edrington provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.