The purpose of the Edrington Brand Ambassador is to serve as the local representative for Edrington’s brands in key markets, driving awareness, trial and education across the Edrington portfolio with a focus on The Macallan. The Edrington Brand Ambassador will travel extensively within the region gaining new points of distribution, conducting staff trainings, and executing consumer-facing events. In order to achieve these goals, the Edrington Brand Ambassador will leverage the strengths of both the Commercial and Marketing teams, working closely with Divisional Marketing, the National Brand Ambassadors and the Brand Teams. This role will be 50% Multicultural and 50% General Market.
The Edrington Brand Ambassador is responsible for the education and engagement of Consumers and key Trade (On and Off Premise accounts, Brokers and Wholesalers) under the umbrella of Edrington’s Strategic Imperatives.
Specifically they are accountable for:
- Understand the strategic direction for the assigned territory across relevant channels and segments.
- Assist in communicating the Strategic Direction and Edrington priorities to target Key Accounts at the local level. Be an advocate for the Edrington portfolio.
- Work effectively with Division Marketing team and Operations to deliver against the Strategic Imperatives of the organization, delivering exceptional in market results.
- Drive a leading global luxury brand to deliver yearly profit growth and simultaneously grow brand equity.
- Accelerate the growth of a highly acclaimed and lesser known brand.
- Cultivate new opportunities for a strong core business.
- Support the continued evolution of the Edrington Americas business to develop gold-standard organizational capabilities.
- Assist in building Edrington America’s reputation as a recognized leader in the beverage industry by key stakeholders.
- Portfolio Brand Knowledge: Acting as our in-market authority on the Edrington brands and facilitating experiential activities with consumers; there will be a specific focus on education and training of consumers and trade regarding The Macallan Single Malt Scotch.
- Recruit New Consumers: Actively engage with private clubs, firms, and high end resources to reach a broader consumer base for experimental activities.
- Marketing Opportunities: Identify opportunities of scale, including PR, large consumer & trade events. Utilize the National Brand Ambassador and local Edrington team where necessary.
- Consumer Expansion: Leverage the international success of The Macallan to accelerate activation and participation in relevant ethnic communities.
- Create & develop a social media following via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram that adheres to corporate policy and brand guidelines.
- Regular reporting of all activities against targets, and market activity.
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Luxury Brand(s) and their clientele is a plus
- US Beverage Alcohol industry experience preferred
- Experience managing or working with broker/wholesaler tier is a plus
- Well versed in local Beverage alcohol marketplace
- In depth knowledge and passion for Whisky and/or Rum
- Knowledge of Edrington’s bands and their values
- Use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Ability to use technology in presentations
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiating skills
- Exceptional organizational & prioritization skills
- Event production and management experience
- Network of influencers in the spirits industry preferred
- Network of high net worth individuals preferred
- Frequent travel with in the territory as required to perform job function
- Frequent night and weekend work
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanish
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the US
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid premium medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- 100% employer paid premium long and short term disability
- 100% employer paid premium life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Additional life insurance options
- Flex time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 25 PTO Days
- Summer Fridays Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous employee referral program
- Discounts platform access
- Paid parental leave
- Pretax parking/commuter benefit