As we continue in our journey to become the preferred supplier for all our distributor and commercial partners we will get closer to our distributors and customers and consumers.
This ongoing quest will also help us adapt better to the changing commercial environment in the United States and leverage all the great opportunities that come with dynamic rate of change.
The Director of Commercial Integration plays a key role in the organization, leading an entrepreneurial and service oriented organization, enabling Edrington commercial and brand teams to plan and execute programs with excellence in direct collaboration with our national distributors.
His or her organization will be the enabler for all brands to deliver exceptional brand content, experiences and products to our consumers in close partnership with our distributors, bringing Edrington brands to life with consistency and excellence.
This individual also leads the commercial integration team and champions the planning process across all brand groups, commercial teams and assists national accounts team on the development and execution of Joint Business Plans and RFP’s with top national on and off premise accounts.
The main goal is to accelerate and drive efficiency and effectiveness in the planning, communication, and deployment of sales and marketing activities. The Director of Commercial Integration will champion continuous improvement in execution and performance through support of customer management best practices, retail and shopper insights, and trade marketing.
- Represents the voice of the trade to brand marketing and the “voice of the consumer” to commercial teams, ensuring national strategies and tactics are shaped by sound market insights and needs.
- Establishes yearly joint business planning processes with National Accounts, Regional Accounts and top to top planning with National Distributors.
- Partners with various groups throughout Edrington, including the ELT, Brand Teams, VP Divisional Managers and finance to enable efficiency in the planning, communication and deployment of Marketing activities and commercial programs.
- Responsible for ensuring collaboration with marketing, commercial, and finance to establish clear timelines and goals for Edrington’s commercial planning processes.
- Ensures that the distributor and commercial teams are aligned with Edrington Americas category and brand planning to ensure successful strategies and initiatives.
- Leads the Divisional Marketing teams to adopt, assimilate, adapt and implement the brand strategies and programs.
- Supervises the Point of Sale procurement process ensuring quality and functionality are up to global brand standards.
- Sets objectives, measures programs ROI, and provides market-based insights and feedback to commercial team and marketing management.
- Collaborates with the commercial team and marketing teams on account segmentation to develop smart distribution goals and segment-relevant programs for National Accounts, independents, etc. (e.g. Macallan Spiritual Homes).
- Leads the team that supervises the processes to ensure that commercial teams, distributors and trade have all the right tools to maximize the impact of Edrington programs (Sales sheets, POS, digital, assets, etc.)
- Presents brand programs at QBR’s, Yearly roadshows and other big forums.
- Work with key distributor partners to utilize their capabilities in the development of the channel strategies and their requirements for digital content.
- Deliver channel programming with brand teams for implementation by regional marketing teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing or relevant field.
- 10+ years of trade/customer marketing and/or sales experience.
- Proven entrepreneurship, demonstrates commitment to big ideas and willingness to take risks.
- Strong Organization/project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient skills in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
- Good knowledge of Commercial Finance.
- Knowledge of applicable wine and spirits state regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, coach, and lead a diverse team.
- Adaptable and able to collaborate with a variety of internal and external customer groups. Proven ability to operate very effectively in a matrix environment.
- Project management skills – delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Travel 20-30% depending of the season.
- Eligible to work in the US.
- At least 21 years of age.