The Cruise Associate Manager role provides support to the Global Cruise Manager with the strategy, development and execution of cruise line activation. With a focus on training and implementation of various brand concepts, he/she is instrumental in driving the success of the portfolio in both on premise and the retail stores on board the ships.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Global Cruise Manager, this position will assist in creating new cruise concepts that enhance the overall guest experiences at on and off premise.
- Manage agencies during the creation of new concepts to fulfill cruise line commitments.
- Develop comprehensive brand training plans and provide in-depth brand and program training to on board ship staff.
- Drive the implementation of concepts with cruise ships directly to ensure timely implementation along with high standard of execution and success.
- Travel to ships to ensure activations are being executed effectively while also identifying new opportunities and reviewing competitive situation.
- Work with customers to follow up and implement plans for each of the brands.
- Analyze and report on the success of cruise activations and competitive landscape
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience preferred.
- Preferred cruise and/or spirits background.
- Willing to travel 50% of the time to cruise ships and key destinations in the World.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills and PowerPoint is essential with the ability to work with data from multiple data sources for reporting and analysis.
- Positive attitude and out-going team player who has a flexible approach to work.
- Must be able to work and develop relationships in a cross-functional team.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize efforts in a fast-paced, change oriented environment where continuous innovation is required.
Benefits & Perks