The role will partner with the Sales Organization to discuss business results, review trends, assess price, volume and sales risk and opportunities and make business recommendations. The role requires excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Build and foster a solid business partnership with the Commercial Team and all other relevant internal and external customers in order to drive business decisions that will maximize the value of our sales.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Business Unit strategy.
- Deliver monthly financial decision support to Divisional VP, Sales Managers and Commercial Finance Director, including financial analysis comparing performance vs. budget, forecast and prior year. To include commentary on key sales drivers and identification of risks and opportunities as it relates to volume, price and mix.
- Responsible for challenging and influencing the business to ensure initiatives are in line with Commercial strategy, acting as an extension of the head office.
- Support the Commercial Team to identify new business opportunities and improve state reported profitability
- Monitor and manage Customer and Distributor P&L within Division including commentary and action plans.
- Responsible for R&O analysis for the Division, assessing sales performance gaps and raising accountability for closing these gaps with Sales team and NY Commercial Finance.
- Accountable for the Divisional enforcement of all corporate policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly pricing analysis for the Sales Organization to ensure maximization of Brand value. Ensure thorough analysis of changes in size and market mix on a monthly basis. Provide break even and margin enhancement recommendation based on price adjustments.
- Monitor and ensure integrity and accuracy of Division sales discounts (budgets and actual), in coordination with Sales Managers.
- Establish and ensure the Commercial policy in force and the proper category of accounting for items between Gross to Net.
- Ensure accurate pricing in Vistaar system; track and review the implementation of agreed price increases through to shelf.
- Drive allocation maximization of stock through awareness in price and by the monitoring and influencing of Distributor inventory levels.
- Provide ROI analysis to assess impact of programs in key selling channels, evaluating them for effectiveness and build on successful programs from a “stop, start, continue” perspective
- Responsible for supporting and managing the Field Marketing budgets.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and tracking of LMF dollars and ensuring the monies are being utilized and in line with brand strategy.
- Perform and measure Distributor Margin analysis on both per case and total margin pool basis.
- Responsible for ensuring strong collaboration with Strategic Accounts in regards to pricing, stock and investment
- Active involvement in Budget/ Forecast submissions and special projects including budget/strategic presentations as required
- Act as an admin “catch all” for the Division, understanding how to manage, influence, challenge and exert financial control when necessary
- Improve processes to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial information
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes and create value; identify issues and provide recommendations for improvement
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Finance and/or Accounting background preferred
- MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of related work experience in finance/accounting/analysis
- Experience in Spirits industry preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are required: Knowledge of Pivot Table, financial modelling etc.
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint is essential
- Knowledge of Cognos and SAP systems is a must!
- Ability to analyse and identify key trends in financial information
- Ability to thrive in a matrix reporting environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work and develop relationships in a cross-functional team
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive approach and drive to improve current procedures and processes where appropriate
- Positive attitude and out-going team player who has a flexible approach to work
- People management experience to enable the management of peers and influence management decisions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Must be 21 years of age
Benefits & Perks
100% employer paid premium medical, vision, and dental coverage
401k with company match
Flexible Spending Account
100% employer paid premium long and short term disability
100% employer paid premium life insurance and AD&D insurance
Additional life insurance options
13 Paid Holidays
25 PTO Days
Summer Fridays Program
Employee Assistance Program
Generous employee referral program
Discounts platform access
Paid parental leave
Pre-tax parking/commuter benefit