The Commercial Finance Manager will partner with the sales organization to discuss business results, review trends, assess price, volume and sales risk and opportunities and make business recommendations. He/She requires excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Build and foster a solid business partnership with the commercial team and all other relevant internal and external customers in order to drive business decisions that will maximize the value of our sales.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the business unit strategy.
- Deliver monthly financial decision support to Mexico Sales Director, Mexico Finance Director and Edrington Americas, including financial analysis comparing performance vs. budget, forecast and prior year. To include commentary on key sales drivers and identification of risks and opportunities as it relates to volume, price and mix.
- Responsible for challenging and influencing the business to ensure initiatives are in line with commercial strategy, acting as an extension of the head office.
- Support the commercial team to identify new business opportunities and improve state reported profitability
- Monitor and manage customer and distributor P&L within the business unit, including commentary and action plans.
- Responsible for R&O analysis for the business unit, assessing sales performance gaps and raising accountability for closing these gaps with sales team and NY commercial finance.
- Accountable for the business unit l enforcement of all corporate policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly pricing analysis for the sales organization to ensure maximization of brand value. Ensure thorough analysis of changes in size and market mix on a monthly basis. Provide break even and margin enhancement recommendation based on price adjustments.
- Monitor and ensure integrity and accuracy of business unit sales discounts (budgets and actual), in coordination with sales managers.
- Establish and ensure the commercial policy in force and the proper category of accounting for items between Gross to Net.
- Ensure accurate pricing in the system; track and review the implementation of agreed price increases through to shelf.
- Drive allocation maximization of stock through awareness in price and by the monitoring and influencing of distributor inventory levels.
- Provide ROI analysis to assess impact of programs in key selling channels, evaluating them for effectiveness and build on successful programs from a “stop, start, continue” perspective
- Responsible for supporting and managing the field marketing budgets.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and tracking of brand spend and ensuring the monies are being utilized and in line with brand strategy.
- Perform and measure distributor margin analysis on both per case and total margin pool basis.
- Responsible for ensuring strong collaboration with strategic accounts in regards to pricing, stock and investment
- Active involvement in Budget/ Forecast submissions and special projects including budget/strategic presentations as required
- Act as an admin “catch all” for the business unit, understanding how to manage, influence, challenge and exert financial control when necessary
- Improve processes to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial information
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes and create value; identify issues and provide recommendations for improvement
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Finance and/or Accounting background preferred
- MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of related work experience in finance/accounting/analysis
- Experience in Spirits industry preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are required: Knowledge of Pivot Table, financial modelling etc.
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint is essential
- Knowledge of Cognos and SAP systems preferred
- Ability to analyse and identify key trends in financial information
- Ability to thrive in a matrix reporting environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work and develop relationships in a cross-functional team
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive approach and drive to improve current procedures and processes where appropriate
- Positive attitude and out-going team player who has a flexible approach to work
- People management experience to enable the management of peers and influence management decisions
- High level of proficiency in English required
- At least 18 years of age
To apply for this role you must currently hold a valid entitlement to work in this location.
Edrington provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.